4/27/10

Mackey's

My friend Jess, her husband, and I decided to take advantage of the first nice night in the spring. We started off at The Meeting Place (which you must see to believe and will get its own post), and quickly decided to take it to a more chill pace and headed down the street.

At Mackey's we found some open tables outside where we could people watch. We really enjoyed Mackey's - after all, the extreme temperature drop once the sun went down can't be blamed on them!

The waitress was fast and efficient. I've read a few reviews about the terrible service, but that was not my experience at all. It could have been because we were on the porch and the waitress was constantly checking on the brave souls with no common sense sitting outside in the cold, thus avoiding the tired scene of trying to make eye contact with the bartender at a crowded bar. I do remember coming with a large group to my old roommate's birthday a few years ago and having fine service then, so my track record is 2-0: good service.

I plan on returning to get a sense of the inside, but if memory serves correctly: a very populated place directly after work with most people dressed in business clothing, with the TVs tuned to the news in typical DC fashion.

Great place for a beer post-work if you live in the area. The deals are fine, the food is standard pub fare. The outside seating was great, the beer was cold, and I'd visit Mackey's again. They had beers I like on draft, and Yuengling for those who froth at the mouth when its mentioned. Side note: I don't like Yuengling and think it tastes like metal. I think the day-to-day deals are fun and a great way of mixing it up, so check those out if you plan on stopping by.


the deal:
M-F, 4-8pm
1/2 price Apps
$2.50: Miller Lite, Bud Light
$.35: Sam Adams (Various), Yueng, Magic Hat #9

Every day of the week, there is an additional deal.
Example: Monday, 4-close
Corona, Corona Light, 5 bottles for $15
4-10pm 1/2 price burgers

Mackey's

No comments: