11/20/09

Whitlow's (Whitlows on Wilson)

This review is specific to Whitlow's Thursday Mug Night.

This is really the only time I prefer to go to Whitlows - just a personal preference. I used to live in courthouse and generally associate it with wasted nights of debauchery. In my post-courthouse life, I revisit the bar only for Mug Nights - chiefly because it involves me and my friends remembering to bring our mugs to work so we can head directly over for some cheap thrills. This camaraderie makes it an event to look forward to, and the anticipation is half of the fun.

Get yourself one $5 mug, and you get introduced into the $1.50 draft club. You've got limited options with Bud Light, Miller Light, Yuengling, and Blue Moon, but with my mug in hand those options seem just fine.

Whitlows has some rockin' live music. The crowd fills out steadily. Your areas to drink are extensive - 2 bars, a pool area, and restaurant seating! If you are single it is an easy place to meet new people, the scene trends towards 20-somethings fresh out of college or new to the area.

It should be noted they have a 1/2 price burger Monday and a Sunday Brunch Buffet which Tim still raves about 1.5 years later.

the deal:
$5 mugs
with mug, $1.50 drafts
drafts: Bud Light, Miller Light, Blue Moon, Yuengling

Whitlows

No comments: