4/27/09

Los Tios

Lost Tios is located on Mt Vernon, all the way down past the elementary school. This place is a bit of a hike from the Braddock Road metro, but worth it! The food is absolutely awesome. Whenever I have out of town visitors, I take them to this restaurant. The staff is incredibly friendly, the outside seating is great, and the food, delicious. My dad always requests Los Tios when he is in town, and we've had multiple work lunch-ins here. There is something for everyone on the menu, going beyond typical tex-mex and delving into the Salvadorean cuisine.

The happy hour is a recent discovery for me. In order to drive more business, Los Tios has created a Tuesday $1 Bud & Bud Light special that lasts until 11 pm (!!!!). This is by far the best deal I have found in Del Ray, or anywhere near where I live. The small happy hour portions are delicious and a great deal. I, per usual, ordered some nachos while Trisha got a cheese quesadilla. Though the HH food cannot compare to the entree dishes, they were still superior to what most happy hours offer. The Margaritas, which I rarely order, were also tasty... but I had a hard time justifying to myself straying from the dollar beers. Just remember to stay in the bar section to take advantage of the deal... it is small but usually not crowded.

I felt an obligation to post this Happy Hour on the site, even though I have debated keeping it a secret because I want to keep it all to myself. But if you read my blog, you deserve to know.

the deals:
M–F, 4–7 pm
Mexican Beer: $2.50
Domestic Beer: $2
House Margarita: $3.50
Sangria: $3.50
TUESDAY: $1 Bud + Bud Lights (through 11pm)

**note: the HH listed on the site was not accurate when I went. If you have doubts, give them a call. For some reason they struggle with updating it :)

Los Tios

No comments: