11/11/08

Tonic

About a year and a half old, this bar is located right smack in the middle of all the GW students. Don't let that drive you away.

There are 3 levels to this restaurant/bar located on the corner of 21st and G. The first is the bar, which was not crowded the two times I've been (Sunday and Monday). The second floor is where you will find the seating for the restaurant, and the top floor houses the lounge. Just before I walked into the restaurant, 20 (literally, 20) students walked in. I was worried that the bar would be overtaken, but the lounge seems to be a large area that provides a relaxed, fun setting... leaving much of the bar open to older clientele. Phew!

I loved the Guacamole Burger, and Tina is STILL talking about how delicious her pizza that had cheese-whiz on it. The food is heavy and leans towards American. If you are looking to diet this isn't the place for you.

There are 3 things I loved about this bar.
1: The beer options. I was one happy girl when my eyes saw Boddington on tap. There are so many fantastic draft beers to choose from, you will absolutely find something you like no matter what type of beer you lean towards.
2: Tater tots. The appetizer came fast in a healthy serving that Alison, Joel and I had to split in order to finish.
3: The atmosphere. The exposed Brick wall, general location and feel gave me a sense of the history of Quigley's Pharmacy. quick overview

I thought the staff at the bar was friendly and quick. I would order the Tater tots instead of the arguably Big Dipper. I'd go here for the 1/2 price stellar drafts. Keep an eye out for seasonal drinks that are fun and different.


the deal:
M-F, 4–7pm
Half-price drafts (excellent options, Boddington!)
$5 selected red and white wines
Small Happy Hour menu (4 items when I went, get the tater tots)
50-cent wings



No comments: